ACFAR is a full-spectrum ministry that seeks to equip the Body of Christ to recognize and resist harmful and heretical doctrines brought by cultic groups in our midst.
We seek to equip believers to respond to suspected cults in six ways:
• Identify the group based on common patterns of cultic teaching and behavior
• Understand its false claims and practices—and how they differ from biblical truth
• Answer its false claims and practices based on Scripture and other evidences
• Evangelize its followers sensitively and strategically (2 Timothy 2:24–26)
• Embrace those who find Christ, and integrate them into a local church fellowship (because out of the cult is not necessarily into the truth)
We seek to fulfill these objectives in the following ways:
• We monitor and continuously compile accurate data and new and controversial religious groups active in East Africa.
• We analyze the beliefs of such groups in the light of Scripture and develop practical apologetic responses.
• We warn and inoculate the greatest possible number of lay believers against both indigenous and imported cults and aberrant Christian movements, using literature, broadcast media, and online platforms.
• We equip pastors, seminary and Bible college students, Christian workers, and lay believers with tools and training to enable them to recognize and respond effectively to such groups and their teachings (both apologetically and evangelistically).
• We seek to raise up African apologists who will model balanced, biblical reasoning and contextualized responses to the challenges posed by heretical movements.